It's the Final (Baby) Countdown...

And now the end is near and so we face the final curtain...my wife is into her 9th month already and we are on standby mode as baby could come at any time...it could even come now whilst I'm typing this sentence. Looking back, it has been a long and eventful journey. There has been up's and down's and the road has not always been smooth and straight (as in the pot-hole filled PJ roads) but in the end, we know the rewards are great and our bundle of joy will brighten our lives in ways we can't even imagine.
During the recent Christmas celebration, we had lots of gifts...for baby!!! Yes there were diaper bags, baby clothes, milk bottles, baby toiletries, etc. As my wife so cutely put in her Facebook update, "Where are MY presents?". Haha, we are not complaining though as all these things will come in handy when baby comes. Thanks to all who contributed you will get an exclusive kiss from baby :). As the New Year has also just come, me and my wife were thinking how just one year ago, we could never imagine having a child though we always wanted kids. God's Kyros timing is the best as He knew when we were ready for our little princess and He makes all things beautiful in His time, and what could be more beautiful than holding my beautiful princess all fearfully and wonderfully made in my arms. I have been on a week long break and being home with my wife and child to be is truly the best. Though sometimes tiring, it is a good kind of tired as I was able to get baby's room ready, take care of my wife and also just being there. Time is truly the best present anyone could have. A million ringgit could not replace the time I spent with my mum when I was young and I also want to spend as much of time with my wife and daughter as I can. "Time Waits For No Man" and it is true as the days passes fast and even a single minute is precious. There are times during this holiday season that I felt sad as my sister, Jan only comes every two years once from Australia and I haven't even spent a day with her. Also, my brother is still sick in the hospital, I didn't get to go back to my hometown during Christmas or even New Year. Having said that, everyone understands as I eagerly await the arrival of our "VIP" who may just come in time so unpredictable. C'est la vie therefore it's important to make every moment count. I am due back at work tomorrow but thankfully God has sent a special angel in the form of our Pastor who has selflessly asked my wife to stay with her when I am at work. It's people like these that makes life truly beautiful and makes the reality of our Lord so tangible. 2012 for some people is when the world will end but for me and my wife, it is a new beginning as our family has increased by one. Friends and family do give great advice but we know that the taste of the pudding is in the eating and that practical is always better than theory. My brother in law said "You will just know how to be a father when she is in your arms". That's how God made it. So if you ask me if I'm ready to be a parent, I would give you a sheepish smile and say, "I'm not alone as God is holding my hand and leading me, it will naturally come". I know that's not a straight answer but life is not straight. It has its twists and turns but that's what makes life interesting. Which is better, a straight and flat roller coaster or one that is full of turns, curves and dips! Resolutions, have you made them. I know of people who break resolutions on the second day of the new year. Resolutions have to follow the SMART plan. For those who don't know what that means, it is defined as Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time Bound. It's no use just saying, "I want to lose weight this year". That's wonderful but how many kilos, by when and how do you plan to do it. As for me, my resolution for the new year is to be stronger physically and also mentally. I want to be more decisive in my decision making. A tank is a perfect example of what I want to be. A tank can be used to attack and defend. Here's wishing you a wonderful and productive 2012. May all your dreams come true and God bless!

creative commons licensed (BY) flickr photo by stevendepolo: http://flickr.com/photos/stevendepolo/3532999070

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Cuddles to Courtside: Baby Steps into the Sports Arena

From Diaper Speedster to Running Superstar: My Baby's Incredible Journey

A rose (or a Baby) by any other name would smell just as sweet