Time to Rise Up, One Moment at a Time

Can you imagine that in 4 days time, 2019 will be upon us! Time truly waits for no man and it also amplifies how important it is for us to make the best of the time given to us. Imagine if one day, you were gifted with RM86,400, how would you spend it? Some would give it away to charity, while some would choose to invest, while some would spend it all on their heart's desires. Whatever one chooses, it is ultimately their decision and the ramifications that come after could be positive or negative. Now let me tell you that this "gift" has been given to us every day. All of us, no matter our status, creed, or colour are given 86,400 seconds a day to use how we want. Do you want to use this gift to sleep the day away? Or do you want to use this gift by changing someone's life? There is no right or wrong answer but be prepared to face the consequences of your actions.

I'm not saying that sleeping is akin to "wasting" time as sleep is very important but the overindulgence in anything is dangerous and leads to negative outcomes. Even working out too much or spending too much time on "righteous" deeds like serving the community is not beneficial. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 states it wonderfully that there is a time and place for everything. A balance is always required to live a good life. Even now as I'm writing this article, it is taking away from something else that I could do but I feel that this is important to do at this time and this moment. 

This is what me and my wife are trying to instill in our daughter. As she will start her formal education next month, we want her to have that balance, in her studies, her play, her time with her family and friends, and importantly, her time with God. Jesus did not just preach all the time, He also took time to visit His friends, spend time at a wedding with His friends, and saving the world at the same time. Whitney Houston's One Moment in Time starts off like this, 
Each day I live
I want to be
A day to give
The best of me
I'm only one
But not alone
My finest day
Is yet unknown
You can only give what you have, so taking that moment in time to upscale, enhance, and empower oneself is equally important. As the song states with, "And the answers are all up to me".
So on the 31st night, when some are partying, some are drinking, some shopping, and some are praying, whatever you choose to do to crossover, remember life is a clean slate and as Mary said, "Let it be to me according to Your Word". So make the best of yourself, hold on to God's promises, and SHINE. You only live once, and die once...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Cuddles to Courtside: Baby Steps into the Sports Arena

From Diaper Speedster to Running Superstar: My Baby's Incredible Journey

A rose (or a Baby) by any other name would smell just as sweet