It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's a baby...


X always represent nothing or a representation of the unknown (as in a mathematical equation). But imagine what a double X can do to two eagerly awaiting parents...ok for those who don't know, a double X chromosome in a baby signifies a princess in the making (my wife is already telling me how much I'm going to spoil her...)
Yes! we are having a baby girl!!! And as much as they (the girls) will steal attention when they are born, she seems to have taken all the attention even while my wife is carrying her. A close friend said that a baby is like a parasite, "sucking" away the life of the host which in this case is my poor wife.
That explains the swollen feet, the backaches, endless sleepless nights and the list goes on and on...Nonetheless, I realised that the fruit of all these labour is spelled in one word called "Daughter" and in my lifetime, seeing the way my wife handles situations and her family; and my eldest sister Jan who practically runs the stage from overseas only shows me that a daughter is truly a "Cinderella" before and after she becomes a princess. I read this caption somewhere, "A Daughter is a Princess when raised by a Queen". Seeing my wife also gives me a new and better appreciation for mothers everywhere, it also brings to mind my own mum who sadly is not here to share in this wonderful event. But, I realised my mum, Muriel, was an awaited princess to her parents and grew up as an awesome daughter, a loving wife, a exemplary mother and a wonderful grandmother. I know she is watching from above and sharing the joy with me.
From this day forward, the double X only shows me double joy, double anticipation and double inspiration. So baby girl, daddy's got a whole list of adventures that you and I are going to embark on and when I last checked, your mum has a whole list of chores too for you hehheh.

(Picture shows baby's can at 6 weeks)

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. :) I am happy for you. Wishing your wife a safe delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Cuddles to Courtside: Baby Steps into the Sports Arena

From Diaper Speedster to Running Superstar: My Baby's Incredible Journey

A rose (or a Baby) by any other name would smell just as sweet